Data Escrow - Trustee for your most important data
Designated Escrow Agent for Registrars
DENIC Services has been accredited by ICANN as one of two designated escrow agents (DEA) for registrars worldwide.
Being one of only two Designated Escrow Agents in the world, DENIC Services is authorized to provide registrars of generic top level domains with the mandatory safeguarding of their business data (Registrar Data Escrow, RDE) in a cost-neutral manner. In addition, we are the sole European DEA that protects your data in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Federal Data Protection Act.
As an ICANN-accredited registrar, you must faithfully store the domain data you manage in a secure environment, in accordance with ICANN regulations. This is to ensure the reliable management of the name space. For more information, see Section 3.6 "Data Escrow " of the ICANN Registrar Accreditation Treaty (ICANN registrar accreditation agreement).
Data Escrow Service for Registries
As the operator of a registrar, you are required to provide a daily backup of the registration data of the domains you manage and to store it with a reliable trustee.
Data Escrow for registries guarantees that a copy of the stored gTLD registration data is kept securely and protected by an independent third party. For more information, see the Specification 2 "Requirements for Data Escrow " in the ICANN contract for accreditation of registries (ICANN Registry Agreement).
All information on the contract design between Registry and DENIC Services can be found in the contract template. ICANN has accredited DENIC Services as an escrow agent for gTLD registries.
Why DENIC Services?
- We are neutral, neither registy, registrar or gTLD (backend) operator
- We are independent and without any conflict of interest
- We stand for 100% compliance with EU data privacy regulation (GDPR)
- Our Designated Escrow Agent service is free for accredited registrars
- We rely on 20 years of experience of DENIC eG as the operator of one of the largest TLD zones in the world (.de)
- Multi-redundant, secure storage of all associated registration data, exclusively hosted in data centers in Europe
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013-certified information security
- ISO 22301:2012-certified business continuity management
DENIC Services GmbH & Co. KG
+49-6151-62 92 710
+49-6151-62 92 711
Mo to Fr 8:00am - 6:00pm